By booking and making payment, you are accepting our terms and conditions.
Exhibitor Terms and Conditions
1. Bookings are accepted on the basis of the description of products and services outlined on the booking form. Any deviation from the description must be with the approval and agreement of the organiser. The organiser reserves the right to ask you to remove any items on display which have not been declared previously on the booking form or agreed with the organiser prior to the Alternative Market.
2. Subletting or sharing a stand may be permitted only with the approval and agreement in writing of the organiser, at the time of booking.
3. No extensions, additional tables or widening of stands is permitted unless agreed in advance – if a larger stand is required then this must be stated on the booking form and payment made accordingly. Likewise, if a stand has a pull-up display, backing display or banner then this must be declared at the time of booking – failure to do so will mean they are refused on the day.
Please remember that a single retail stand consists of:
Floor space, approx. 2m x 1.5m
Table (6′ x 2.5′)
Electrical power (may be requested)
4. The positioning of exhibition stands will be allocated by the Alternative Market organiser in the interest of ensuring an interesting and well-balanced Market and the requirements of the venue. If exhibitors have particular requirements, then these must be put on the booking form - wherever possible these will be taken into consideration, however the Organiser’s decision is final. Please do not ask to move to another stand as it causes further administration.
5. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse any Exhibitor without giving a reason.
Payments and Cancellations
6. We are not registered to charge VAT, so the full price is as quoted below. 50% of payment is non-refundable. If cancellation is made in writing up to 6 weeks prior to the event, 50% of monies paid will be refunded. Cancellation with 6 weeks or less to go will receive no refund. We do not operate a roll-over system.
7. As this is an expensive time of year, we have decided that a £50 deposit will secure your stall before Christmas.
£50 booking deposit, to be paid by 22 December 2023.
Payment in full for the stand(s) is to be paid by 22 January 2024. Any payments not made will result in the stand being put out to other exhibitors and the deposit returned upon sale of the space.
Trader tables are
£160 per single space
£320 for a double
£480 for a triple.
Payment to be made to:
BACS (preferred) – Raychel McGuin, Sort Code: 60-83-71 Account No: 79732996
or by Paypal to: @raychelmcguin - please add on £5.50 per table to cover fees unless paying by friends and family
Preference will be given to those who pay promptly. Failure to pay the full amount by the due date may result in the loss of your stand allocation. Cancellation just before an event should be notified to the organisers on the mobile number 07909 857574. The organisers cannot be held responsible for cancellation due to communicable diseases, acts of terrorism or conditions outside of their control.
8. It is the responsibility of each Exhibitor to be aware of any current change in
legislation that affects their activities to comply with such legislation.
9. Whilst the organisers have taken every precaution to ensure a safe and secure environment for the Market it is the responsibility of each stand holder to make sure that they have their own insurance to cover their goods and services as required by law and should have a minimum of £2million public liability insurance, a minimum of £1 million professional indemnity for any products and treatments given. No responsibility will be accepted by the organisers for claims made against any products, services or for any loss or damage to exhibitors, stock, or equipment. Copies of insurance certificates must be included with the booking form at the time of booking or renewal date. For those whose PLI Certificates I already have, please ensure new documents are sent on renewal.
Health and Safety
10. The boundaries of the stand are the limit and extent for each Exhibitor – a single stand is approximately 2m x 1.5m unless otherwise stated at the time of booking: no goods, furniture or storage items are permitted to block aisles, doorways, or fire escapes.
11. Fire Regulations - Naked Flames, Hopi candles, tea lights or naked flames are not allowed at the Venue. Please note this is a NO SMOKING site.
12. Communicable diseases: It is the responsibility of every exhibitor to provide themselves with the necessary Personal Protection Equipment to protect themselves and the visitors against contagious diseases. Whilst we are constantly adapting to the changes given out by the government it is the responsibility of everyone to keep up to date with current guidelines.
13. Electricity: Those requiring power must bring an extension lead. The maximum output per stand must be no more than 3 amps. Please ensure your equipment and leads are checked to EEC regulations i.e. PAT tested, in a good state of repair, use circuit breakers in order to ensure the safety of fellow exhibitors and visitors. Cables must be secured and taped down by the exhibitor. Wherever possible the cost of power will remain free but if at any point the venue requires additional payment then this will be passed onto the exhibitor.
Promotional material and publicity (Trader)
14. All advertisements including leaflets, posters etc. should be confined to the boundaries of your stand; the leaving of leaflets at any other area of the venue including the refreshment area and the toilets is not allowed.
15. Posters: No posters are to be attached to the fabric of the building by drawing pins, sticky tape or similar - any damage charged for by the venue will be passed on to the exhibitor.
16. Exhibitor labels: No-one will be admitted without an Exhibitor’s badge/wristband, which should be worn throughout the event: the allocation is two per single stand - should you require further badges please put your request on the booking form with the names of those assisting you where possible. Due to the space allocated for each stand we recommend a maximum of two people to a single stand at any one time - anymore and this infringes on neighbouring stand space, please be considerate.
Behaviour of Exhibitors
17. All Exhibitors should act with consideration and respect for other Exhibitors, the visitors, and the organiser team at all times: no activity should be disturbing or intrusive to others. The organiser reserves the right to remove anyone who does not abide by this rule with forfeit of all monies paid.
18. The Organiser require a description of the products and services you intend to offer at the Alternative Market.
In order to ensure a good mix of exhibitors, you may only use the products, and services you describe on the application form.
The Organiser will promote the Alternative Market with a regional press release, email campaigns, Facebook event, local tourism/what’s on website listings, press listing and social media. Please make sure we have your social media details so we can tag you in promotional material.
Plus the Organiser is producing an event newspaper The Gothic Times. All Traders will be given a 1/8th page advert free (118mm x 85mm) - Artwork should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Adverts can be designed for an extra fee. If anyone would like to take a larger advert or create an article for inclusion, please enquire by emailing Raychel on the email above.
You will receive a Media Pack including a graphic to add to social media and website.
There will be new signage and banners advertising the Alternative Market, which can be used at the TGF in November 2024.
Your participation in advertising the event
19. The lower booking fee reflects the expectation that all exhibitors will help to co-promote the Alternative Market via their websites, social media, and newsletters.
Setting up and closing down of each day
20. You will be given a Timeslot for unloading. After unloading vehicles should be removed away from the loading areas so as not to restrict other exhibitors unloading.
Closing down should not be until the end of the Alternative Market - closing down before this time is absolutely not permitted - it is disruptive and offensive to other exhibitors and the visiting public.
21. The Market is open 10am to 5pm on Friday and Saturday and 10pm to 4pm on Sunday. The room will be opened at 9.30am, please let the organiser know if you need to access before this time. The organiser will open up and close the hall each day, ensuring the safety of your stock.
21. It is each exhibitor’s responsibility to leave the venue as clean and tidy as when they arrive, all rubbish, including leaflets must be removed from the site.
22. In April 2024, we will be allocating single day trading opportunities to new creative/artisan businesses to give them an opportunity to trial selling at the Goth Festival. There will be eight of these incubator stalls upstairs, these will have to be set up and taken down each day - this will give a potential 24 new traders.
Please feel free to share with your creative friends. - Booking Form